Saturday, May 7, 2011

Documenting the Seasonal Disappearance of the Barn

Our barn is 200 yards away from our house, toward the back of our property.  We have a lovely view of it in winter when the trees are bare.  It is especially beautiful in the early morning light.



As spring progresses, and the trees leaf out, the barn begins to disappear.



This next photo was taken earlier this morning.  The barn is almost gone.



Don't dispair ... the barn will be back this fall, once the leaves have fallen.  Until then, we have a beautiful view of the spreading boughs of our ancient pecan tree.

Can you tell how much I love looking out the window?

9 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the views of your barn. You have a lovely view out your window!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a lovely barn!!
    I'm glad I stumbled on your blog. I'm moving to VA and will need to learn some new gardening habits and plants after 50+ years of being a Louisiana gardener.
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your barn really does disappear, and how wonderful to have a pecan tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful view no matter what the season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it's a beautiful view at all times, but I would miss seeing that beautiful barn all spring, summer and fall. You must have a downstairs window that offers a warm season view of it. (Say yes, you do!) Great example of how life and nature never stays the same.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely. Of course, you KNOW what I think! Yeah, yeah, back to my corner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a beautiful view! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Connie, What a pretty view anytime of the year. I hope the wedding plans are going good.
    xo,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can relate. The same thing happens to our view of our playhouse on the hill out back. We can see it perfectly in winter, but then it gradually disappears from view with leaf growth. Nice photos!

    Di

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading what I share. Comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Spam and trolls are not!

Related Posts with Thumbnails