This is Abraham Darby, ready to go into his new pot.
I am really pleased with all of the healthy root growth!
Last month, it was easy to see the individual cuttings in their little pots in trays on the greenhouse shelves.
Photo taken on March 4.
Look how much larger they are now!!
Photo taken March 29.
A few of the roses have even produced buds ... which I should have snapped off to encourage the plants to put their energy toward growing leaves and roots, but I didn't have the heart to do it. My soul is tired from the long cold winter, and blooming flowers are just what the Dr. ordered ... even if it's a little bit ahead of the season in the greenhouse.
I found this flower on Pink Joy, hanging over the edge of the pot.
This bud on Mutabilis is almost ready!
If tomorrow is sunny, which will warm the greenhouse and make it comfortable to work out there, I will continue to work on repotting the roses.
My greenhouse isn't large enough to hold all of the roses in these larger containers, so I'm going to do as many as I can ... starting with the ones that REALLY need it right now. I will do the rest as soon as it's finally warm enough to transition them to outdoor conditions.