Monday, April 14, 2014

Still Plugging Away ...

Two more days of work are behind me, as I rid the English Garden of weeds, lay landscape fabric, and put down a proper layer of mulch.  Progress came so easily for the first three days, and it has slowed considerably now.  Yesterday, I was working by myself and it was really warm, and there's no shade here to provide relief.  I got a little bit accomplished in the two hours that I worked, but not as much as I had hoped.

This is what the bed looked like when I quit for the day on Sunday.


This is a reminder of where I left off on Saturday.


Today, Monday, the temperature was in the 70s, the sky was cloudy, and there was a nice breeze blowing from the west.  It was perfect weather to make some serious progress ... but it was not to be.  I pulled some more weeds, pruned more roses, laid more landscape fabric, and ran out of mulch.  This is how it stands as of today.



Normally, I would just run to the mulch place and get some more.  Couldn't do that today, because I need my truck to be empty and clean on Tuesday (and maybe Wednesday, too) for something else.  Oh, well, I am determined to get this garden finished as soon as I can ... not going to let all the delays and interruptions dampen my resolve.  I keep telling myself that little progress is better than nothing.

More updates to come ... stay tuned.

9 comments:

  1. I think you made BIG progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right- any progress is better than none. It reminds me of that saying- How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time (and just keep chewing)- I added the last part...lol

    It is going to be wonderful when you are done. It looks great with what you have already accomplished. Great job!!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see an amazing amount of work accomplished. Kudos to you! We're waiting on a neighbor to till an area for us so we can do a vegetable garden this year. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any progress is still progress, especially for someone as busy as you are! You've always got so many irons in the fire!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you made great progress too. I understand though how you are feeling. We wish to accomplish a LOT every time we set to do something, but it doesn't always work that way. Some days I seem to just plod along and want to give up as it doesn't seem like I'm getting anywhere. But like you at the end of the day, we did accomplish something, and something is better than nothing, and tomorrow is another day.

    Happy Spring gardening to you ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have done a lot to my eyes and you will get it finished! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are making really great progress, Connie! Wow! It's all looking sooooo fabulous! Makes me want to go out and create a new garden in my backyard. lol Keep on truckin', girl. You're almost there!!!! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's pretty much how I have to work in my flowers any more. A little at a time. I think you are coming along nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Progress is progress! And it looks great!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading what I share. Comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Spam and trolls are not!

Related Posts with Thumbnails