Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Work Pants

You already know that work for me usually involves something outdoors, where I will need tools, and that I expect to get dirty.  Old camouflage military BDU pants (or 'fatigues' for those of us who are old-time military types) are wonderful for this!  I pick them up at thrift stores when I find them, and I have gathered quite a variety of patterns from different eras and branches of the military.

I just realized that my vintage Desert Storm era pants are missing from the pile.  


Those of you who volunteered at Hollywood Cemetery in March saw me like this:

photo courtesy of Hollywood Cemetery


These pants are comfortable, have lots of pockets to hold everything that I may use while I'm working, and they are practically indestructible.  They also have had the extra added benefit of providing an imposing impression when I have met at least one of our daughter's questionable prospective suitors years ago.  ("Why is your mom wearing camo?")  It got his attention and put him back on his heels from the start.  Not what I intended, but not necessarily a bad thing either.

8 comments:

  1. I may need some camo, so I can create a more imposing impression... not that my face doesn't already do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Momma Bear....I love your wardrobe♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look pretty great in Camo I must say!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have nearly every camo pattern available...between that and your game camera...all prospective suitors should be wary! ;)

    xo Kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in need of some new work pants and now you've given me a great idea for them. The pair of pants I'm wearing now are great, with pockets on the side but now have a hole in them, although they've still many miles to go yet.

    Love the photo of you in your camo.

    Great story about your daughter's date.

    Have a great day ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg, you're so funny--I take it your son-in-law didn't scare so easily....?!?
    I never thought about the durability of fatigues, hmmmm, I may be looking....
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea, Connie. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have any camps but have considered buying some just because I like them. I do have khaki green pants that I love too. I think you look adorable in them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading what I share. Comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Spam and trolls are not!

Related Posts with Thumbnails