Sunday, November 2, 2014

Thirty Days of Mr. Rogers ... Day Two

"The real issue in life is not how many blessings we have, but what we do with our blessings.  Some people have many blessings and hoard them.  Some have few and give everything away."

Recently, I walked into the dining room and found that Maggie was killing one of Ruby's dog toys.


"If you could only sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to the people you may never even dream of.  There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person."

Maggie is napping in Winnie's dog bed, and Winnie is trying to make the best of it.


************
As an exercise for the month of November, I plan to share wisdom from Mr. Rogers with you each day (from the book "The World According to Mr. Rogers") ... Mr. Rogers's words accompanied by everyday images from life here at Hartwood Manor ... this place that I am blessed to call HOME.


14 comments:

  1. I am going to LOVE this series. Thank you Connie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was a wonderful man, Connie. I have heard adults (now) say that he was the most loving person in their life when they were growing up. Kind of sad, isn't it? BUT- Thank God he was there for all those kids. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to reading these posts. You came up with such a terrific idea for doing ths series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! LOL!
    I randomly stopped here from Kim's blog and I find Mr. Rogers, kitties and a chihuahua!
    So...I'm your newest Follower!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. bloody cats! lol If I had a dollar for every time one of my cats had the better of one of my dogs I'd be very wealthy! They're so funny!

    Love the Mr Rogers series of wisdom.

    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that's a lovely idea and I look forward to your posts.
    I guess it's good that Maggie is too big to wear Winnie's clothes or she might be into them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww, poor Winnie. She is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoy roses
    but
    I am going to REALLY enjoy your Mr. Rogers days ...
    ;>]

    p.s. love the critter photos

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a perfect series for this month -- If today is any indication, I may have to buy that book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for this little series!

    Winnie is such a good sport! That photo is priceless.

    Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  11. Even though I have been thinking about your post the whole day (that's a good thing) the only thing I can think of to say is AMEN.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so true. Growing up during the Vietnam war taught me not only to recognize and treasure my blessings, but also to share them with others who are less fortunate than me. The funny thing is, when I share my blessings, I feel even more fortunate.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading what I share. Comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Spam and trolls are not!

Related Posts with Thumbnails